You train 1-2 hours a day. But what can you do during the other 22 hours to ensure your future athletic success? You are not given each day. You must earn everything that is given to you. Chances are you have an IPhone or similar phone, so get these apps to help you earn every day.
- 1 RM Lite – So, bro, how much do you bench? Now with every set of any rep, you can estimate your 1 rep max for any exercise. Also a great tool to estimate how much weight you should use for any rep amount based off your max.
- Inspiring Quotes 5000 – Need something to jack you up before training? This app features tons of quotes to get that heart pumping towards success.
- YouTube – You probably have this app, but have you used it to help your game? Nothing got me fired up more than watching NFL’s Greatest Hits, and nothing helped me learn fullback more than watching film on Larry Centers. Now you can do all this on the bus. The playlist feature is a must.
- iPlayBook Free – If you can’t draw up every play coach calls then there is a good chance you suck. There is no time to think during a game. Therefore you must know what everyone is doing on the field/court beforehand. Using this app to draw up your plays will help you raise your on-field awareness, increase your game knowledge, and slow the game down!
- Are You Quick Enough? – This app features vision training and mental reaction drills used by professional athletes, only in handheld form. If you are going to play a game, might as well tune up your brain. Good luck getting past the 2nd exercise!
- MaxMobile – This is a must have for any follower of high school sports. Easy access to rosters, schedule, stats, scores, & standings. Only thing short of this is knowing your opponents momma’s name.
- MyFitnessPal – Need to gain or lose weight? No better way than to track your daily caloric intake over how many calories you are burning. This is a plug and chug app that will tell you exactly how many calories, protein, carbs and fat you had during the day, and give you an estimate of how many calories you burned that day. You can match that data with your goals and see where you stack up.
- Nike BOOM – This app syncs your music playlist with your favorite players giving you some motivation. Features stars like Adrian Peterson, LeBron James, and Lance Armstrong! Rumor has it, Acceleration Trainer Jeff Richardson saying “Ohhh doggie, get fired up!” will be featured soon.
- Seize The Day – If you don’t know where you are going, how are you supposed to get there? Great app to track your goals and to-do’s. An efficient athlete is a better athlete, so get organized and start shattering goals.
- Sleep Pillow – When you train, you break down muscle. How well you recover determines how well the body builds your muscle back stronger than it’s ever been. A great night sleep is one of the best ways to recover, so instead of falling asleep to the TV or some Beiber, try this app for a deeper sleep!
Also get: Yahoo Sportacular is the best sports news app, Hudl is now on IPhone and Droid, the Wendler 5:3:1 app makes working out easy, Athlete’s Blueprint strengthens your spiritual side, Craigslist by Lifelike is a great way to find used sporting equipment, and Nike Training is good for a basic workout.